500g extra lean beef mince
400g pasta, cooked according to pack instructions
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
¼ cup cheddar cheese, finely grated
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 pack instant tomato sauce
1 pack instant cheese sauce
salt and freshly ground pepper
vegetable oil for frying
extra fresh parsely, finely chopped (garnish)
extra Parmesan, finely grated
1) Place parsley, mustard, onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and Parmesan into a bowl and mix together lightly
2) Add the mince and egg and mix until well combined.
3) Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4) Shape the mixture into round golf ball size balls and set aside.
5) Heat a pan with a little vegetable oil and then fry meatballs in batches of 3 or 4 for about 1-2 minutes or until well browned.
6) Remove from pan and set aside.
7) Preheat oven to 180 °C.
8) Place cooked pasta into a casserole dish and top with the meatballs.
9) Pour over the tomato and cheese sauce.
10) Top with cheddar and extra grated Parmesan cheese
11) Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and meatballs have cooked through.
12) Remove from oven, garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve.