750g chicken breasts, skinned and cubed in bite-sized pieces
1 cup water
½ cup white wine
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
250g mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
3 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
3 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
3 tbsp flour
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
½ cup crÃ¨me fraÃ®che or whipping cream
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp salt
1) Melt the butter and olive oil together in a heavy large skillet on medium heat.
2) Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic and cook for five minutes while stirring occasionally.
3) Add the chicken and brown on all sides – about five minutes.
4) Stir in salt and pepper.
5) Sprinkle the top of the chicken with the flour and stir for 1 minute, coating thoroughly.
6) Stir in the wine and water and then the prepared mushrooms, carrots and tarragon.
7) Bring to a low boil, cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked to your liking.
8) Turn off the heat and stir in the crÃ¨me fraÃ®che. Serve hot.