300ml warm water
3 chicken breasts or 6 chicken thighs, chopped into 2cm pieces
1 small onion, chopped
large stick of butter
4 cloves garlic, chopped
200ml chicken stock
4 tbsps coconut milk powder
2 tbsps double cream
2 tbsps ground almonds
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp turmeric
2cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
salt to taste
flaked almonds and cilantro (for decoration)
1) Mix the warm water with the coconut milk powder.
2 SautÃ© the onion in butter for a few minutes.
3) Add the garlic, spices and fresh ginger and stir well.
4) Add the chicken pieces and continue to cook for 10 minutes on a low heat.
5) Pour in the chicken stock and stir in the ground almonds.
6) Season with salt if necessary and simmer for 15 minutes.
7) Add the coconut milk water and simmer for 5 minutes.
8) Stir in the cream and scatter with flaked almonds and cilantro to serve.
9) Serve with boiled rice and naan bread.