500g pasta (penne, linguini, or spaghetti)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup sliced mushrooms
¼ cup all-purpose flour for coating
4 tbsps butter
4 tbsps olive oil
½ cup Marsala wine
¼ cup cooking sherry
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1) Boil pasta in salted boiling water according to pack instructions.
2) In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano.
3) Coat the chicken pieces in the flour mixture.
4) In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat.
5) Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown.
6) Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms.
7) Pour in the wine and sherry.
8) Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.