900ml chicken stock
225g button mushrooms, sliced
100g skinless chicken breast, cooked and thinly sliced
50g soup pasta (orzo or ditalini)
150ml oz dry white wine
1 bay leaf
4 spring onions, sliced
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
salt and ground black pepper
1) Place the stock and bay leaf into a heavy pan, and bring to the boil.
2) Add the spring onions and mushrooms to the simmering stock.
3) Add the chicken to the soup, and season with salt and pepper.
4) Heat through for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add the pasta, cover and simmer or 7-8 minutes.
6) Just before serving, add the wine and parsley, heat the soup through for 2-3 minutes.
7) Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
8) Serve hot.