Wooden skewer sticks
500g chicken breast, chopped into 25mm cubes
2 large onions, one sliced into rings, the other chopped finely
120ml beef stock
1 green pepper, chopped in cubes
50ml olive oil
4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
15ml curry powder
15ml brown sugar
4 crushed bay leaves
1 tbsp lemon juice
1) Place the meat in a non-metal bowl with the bay leaves at the bottom.
2) Heat some butter in a saucepan and sautÃ© the chopped onion, garlic and curry powder for 2-3 minutes.
3) Add the tumeric, lemon juice, brown sugar and beef stock, bring to the boil.
4) As soon as the marinade comes to the boil, pour it over the meat.
5) Allow to cool and refrigerate overnight.
6) When ready to cook skewer the meat, green pepper and onion rings onto the sticks.
7) Pour marinade into a saucepan, add a blob of butter, salt and pepper to taste, bring to the boil and serve warm with the sosaties.
8) Sosaties can either be grilled under a very hot grill for about 10 minutes, or braai them over very hot coals, turning them as they cook.