500g chicken breasts or chicken thigh fillets – skinless, deboned and cut in chunks
410g canned skinned and chopped tomatoes
½ cup dry white wine
1 cup orange juice
1 large onion, sliced
2 gloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp corn flour mixed to a paste with a little water
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp orange rind, finely grated
1 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
fresh parsley, roughy chopped (optional)
1) Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onions until transparent.
2) Add the chicken and fry until it has changed colour.
3) Add the wine, garlic, basil, tomatoes, tomato paste, orange juice, and orange rind.
4) Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
5) Season to taste.
6) Thicken the sauce with the corn flour paste.
7) Garnish with parsley if desired and serve.