400g canned tomatoes
400g chicken breast, diced into 2cm pieces
100ml plain yoghurt
100ml double cream
1 small onion, peeled and sliced
½ red pepper, deseeded and sliced
½ green pepper, deseeded and sliced
½ fresh red chilli, deseeded
1 clove garlic, peeled
15g fresh ginger
1 tbsp vegetable oil
½ tbsp garam masala
1 tsp tomato puree
3 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves picked and chopped, stalks reserved
pinch of ground cinnamon
pinch of ground coriander
pinch of turmeric
pinch of paprika
1) To prepare marinade: pulse the chilli, garlic, ginger and vegetable oil in the food processor.
2) Add the garam masala, paprika tomato puree, and coriander stalks, and pulse again to form a paste.
3) Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl, coat them thoroughly with the marinade and refrigerate overnight.
4) To cook: place a little vegetable oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat.
5) Fry the onion, peppers and spices gently for 10 minutes.
6) Then add the tin of tomatoes and the yoghurt.
7) Then add the chicken pieces and simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked.
8) When ready to serve, stir through the double cream and chopped coriander leaves.