6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
8 small tortillas
1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 ½ cups lettuce, shredded
½ cup fresh lime juice
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 tomato, sliced
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 ½ tsp chili powder
salsa sauce for topping
1) Place the chicken thighs in a large resealable plastic bag.
2) Add the lime juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic, chili powder and vegetable oil.
3) Press the air out of the bag and seal it.
4) Turn the bag to thoroughly coat the chicken, place in a bowl, and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
5) Remove the meat from the refrigerator 20 minutes before you want to start grilling.
6) Prepare a charcoal fire or set a gas grill to medium-high, close the lid, and heat until hot — about 10 to 15 minutes.
7) Remove the thighs from the bag and discard the marinade.
8) Grill the chicken until no longer pink inside.
9) Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let it rest for about 5 minutes before cutting it into 1cm strips.
10) Lightly brush both sides of the tortillas with vegetable oil.
11) Grill them on each side until they turn slightly brown, about 1 minute on a gas grill.
12) Before removing the tortillas from the grill, sprinkle each one with a tablespoon of cheese.
13) To serve, layer the tortillas with shredded lettuce, chicken strips, tomato, the remaining cheese, and salsa.