100g chicken breast fillet, skinned and cut into thin strips
100g fresh beansprouts
300ml vegetable oil
1 small onion, thinly shredded
1 small green pepper, seeded and thinly shredded
1 small carrot, thinly shredded
¼ egg white, lightly beaten
1 tsp cornflour mixed with 1 ½ tsps water to form a paste
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp rice wine
1 tsp salt
½ tsp granulated sugar
¼ tsp sesame oil
1) Heat a work or large frying pan over a high heat.
2) Place the chicken in a bowl and add a pinch of the salt, the egg white, the cornflour paste, and mix well.
3) Pour the vegetable oil into the pan or wok and once hot enough, add the chicken and stir-fry for about a minute, separating the chicken strips.
4) Remove chicken and drain on paper towels.
5) Pour off the oil, leaving about 2 tbsps remaining.
6) Add the onion, green pepper and carrot, and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
7) Add the beansprouts and stir-fry for a few seconds.
8) Return the chicken to the wok or pan with the remaining salt, sugar, soy sauce and rice wine.
9) Blend well and add 3 tablespoons water.
10) Sprinkle with the sesame oil, and serve immediately.