500g raw mogodu (tripe)
100g green beans
45ml tomato paste
20g fresh ginger, grated
2 potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 onion, sliced
2 green chillies, chopped
2 dry bay leaves
1 garlic clove, grated
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 oxtail stock cube
1 tsp salt
1) Clean the mogodu well (under running water) and slice into cubes.
2) In a big saucepan over low heat, cook the mogodu for 10-15 minutes in half a litre of water, adding the lemon juice to help with odour.
3) Add the garlic, bay leaves and ginger and continue cooking.
4) Add a litre of boiling water with the stock cube dissolved in it.
5) Add green beans, onion and chillies.
6) Cook until the tripe is soft; remove bay leaves.
7) Add the potatoes towards the end of the cooking process, along with salt and tomato paste.
8) Best served with pap, samp, or dumplings.