1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
â…“ cup granulated sugar
1 egg, beaten
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp peppermint extract
1) Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
2) In a larger bowl, beat the butter and sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
3) On low speed, slowly add the beaten egg and peppermint extract.
4) Beat to combine, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5) Add the flour mixture and beat until no more streaks of flour remain.
6) Stir in the chopped chocolate by hand.
7) Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
8) Preheat oven 190 °C.
9) Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
10) Scoop out rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough and roll into balls. Leave a few centimetres gap between each ball.
11) Bake for 8-9 minutes, 1-2 minutes longer if crispier cookies are preferred.
12) Allow cookies to cool before removing from sheet.