550ml cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups milk
3 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup granulated sugar
1 cup dark chocolate morsels
¾ cup butter
1 tbsp baking powder
15ml vanilla extract
toppings of your choice (fresh fruit, whipped cream, chocolate shavings, etc.)
1) Sieve the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into large bowl.
2) Microwave the butter adn morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on full power for 1 minute, and give them a stir.
3) If required, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring until melted, then allow to cool to room temperature.
4) Stir in milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
5) Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture; stir (batter should be thick).
6) Cook in a waffle maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
7) Serve warm with your choice of toppings.