1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup milk
1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
4 tbsp butter, melted
â…“ cup sugar
â…“ cup chopped walnuts and/or pecans (optional)
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
½ teaspoon salt
1) Preheat oven to 190 °C.
2) In a large bowl, combine sugar, baking powder, flour, half teaspoon cinnamon, and the salt.
3) In a another, beat together the egg and milk.
4) Stir in the chopped apple and melted butter.
5) Add all at once to flour mixture.
6) Stir just until mixed (batter should be very stiff).
7) Spoon into a greased muffin pan, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
8) Mix chopped nuts, brown sugar, and remaining half teaspoon cinnamon to make a topping.
9) Sprinkle topping evenly over muffins.
10) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
11) Remove from pan immediately and serve warm.