1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup butter, melted
¾ packed cup brown sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
¾ cup icing sugar
4 tbsp butter
60g cream cheese
½ tsp vanilla extract
1) For the pancake batter – using a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
2) Whisk in milk, oil and egg, until batter is moistened (some small lumps are fine).
3) In another medium bowl, mix the filling ingredients (butter, brown sugar and cinnamon).
4) Scoop the filling into a small plastic bag and set aside. The filling sound develop a consistency similar to toothpaste.
5) For the glaze, using a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter and cream cheese until melted.
6) Whisk together until smooth and then whisk in icing sugar and vanilla extract; set aside once done.
7) Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat after coating with non-stick spray.
8) Scoop about three quarters of a cup of pancake batter onto the skillet.
9) Snip the corner of the plastic bag of filling and squeeze a spiral of the filling onto the top of the pancake – not too close to the edges.
10) When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside (1 to 2 minutes more).
11) Transfer to a baking sheet and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
12) When ready to serve, spoon warmed glaze onto the top of each pancake.