8 burrito-sized flour tortillas
2 cups shredded gouda cheese
1 cup fresh corn kernels
1 cup zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
1 ½ cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
¼ cup coriander, chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and ribs removed, chopped
1 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
1) In a large bowl, gently toss together the beans, zucchini, coriander, corn, jalapeno, salt, pepper, and chilli powder.
2) Stir in the cheese.
3) Warm oven to 90 °C.
4) Set the tortillas on a work surface and place about a third of a cup of the filling on half of each tortilla, spreading it to the edge and then folding the other half over it.
5) In a large nonstick frying pan, heat half a tablespoon of the oil over medium heat.
6) Add two of the quesadillas to the pan and cook them for about 2 minutes per side, until the cheese melts.
7) Transfer quesadillas to a baking sheet and place in the oven while you cook the remaining quesadillas.
8) Add a bit more oil to the pan for each batch.
9) Once done, cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve.