700g cooked turkey breast, cut crosswise into thin strips
3 cups torn fresh baby spinach
1 cup carrots, sliced julienne
â…“ cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
¾ cup orange juice
1â…“ cups couscous
â…“ cup raisins
6 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1) In a medium saucepan, bring one and a half cups of lightly salted water to a boil.
2) Stir in half cup of the orange juice, the couscous, and the raisins.
3) Cover the pan, then remove it from the heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed.
4) Fluff the couscous with a fork and transfer the mixture to a large bowl to cool.
5) In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining quarter cup of orange juice, a quarter teaspoon of salt, and the pepper.
6) Whisk slowly in the oil until it’s well blended.
7) Add the nuts, turkey, spinach, carrots and remaining quarter teaspoon of salt to the couscous.
8) Pour in the dressing and toss to mix.