100g fresh or frozen green peas
200g button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced in quarters
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tomato, chopped
2 tbsps vegetable oil
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp chilli powder
fresh coriander, chopped (garnish)
1) Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic on a low heat.
2) Add the onions and fry till soft.
3) Add the spices and allow to fry for a minute, stirring frequently.
4) Add the peas, mushrooms and tomatoes and salt to taste. Add a little water also.
5) Cook until the mushrooms begin to give off their juices, stirring occasionally.
6) Garnish with chopped coriander.