4 potatoes, whole or sliced with skins on
1 medium onion
1 green bell pepper
1 small carrot
½ cup stock or boullion
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp cornstarch
freshly-ground black pepper to taste
1) Heat oven to 190 °C and bake potatoes
2) Chop the onion, deseed and chop the green pepper, peel and grate the carrot and slice the mushrooms, halving them if they are large.
3) SautÃ© the vegetables in the water or stock, in a large frying pan, until most of the liquid is gone and the vegetables are soft.
4) Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl, adding a bit of water for a thinner sauce.
5) Add to the vegetables in the pan.
6) Mix well and cook, stirring, over low heat for about a minute until thickened.
7) Pour over baked potatoes.