2x 9inch pastry crusts
220g ham, thin sliced
150g frozen spinach, thawed
3 eggs (room temp)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
400g ricotta cheese
1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp basil leaves, chopped
lemon pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 180 °C.
2) Line a pie pan with 1 crust.
3) SautÃ© peppers and ham in olive oil for 3 minutes and season with pepper.
4) Whisk 2 eggs and ricotta in a large bowl.
5) Spread mixture into pie crust.
6) On paper towels, pat spinach dry and then scatter on top of mixture.
7) Sprinkle peppers and ham over spinach and top with mozzarella then basil leaves.
8) Cover with second pie crust and trim edges.
9) Cut vents in the top of the crust and brush with 1 beaten egg.
10) Bake 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown.
11) Allow to set for about 15 minutes before serving.