750g stock fish, such as hake, deboned and minced or finely chopped
250ml sunflower oil
100g white bread (appr. 5 slices)
4 cloves crushed garlic
1 medium finely chopped onion
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp salt
1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
1) Break the bread into pieces and soak it in the milk.
2) Mix the garlic, onion, cumin, salt and egg; add the fish and mix well.
3) Squeeze the liquid out of the bread and add the bread to the mixture, with the coriander and parsley.
4) Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
5) Roll the mixture into palm-sized flat balls and place them into the hot oil.
6) Gently flip them over when they are golden brown on one side. When ready place them on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
Preparation time: 35 min.