1 egg, beaten
2 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour mix
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. Beat the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter in a 2 cup measuring cup with a fork.
2. In a separate large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Slowly fold in the wet ingredients, mixing by hand with a wooden spoon until fully incorporated.
3. Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
4. Heat around 8-10cm of Sunflower oil in the bottom of a pot until very hot (190C).
5. Using a small scoop, scoop out a few balls of dough and carefully drop each Doughnut in the hot oil.
6. Cook until golden brown on both sides (a few minutes). You will need to cook just a few at a time, but the cooking doesn’t take long at all so this goes quickly.
7. Remove the Doughnut from oil with a slotted spoon or spatula, and place on a plate lined with a couple layers of paper towel to the absorb the oil.
8. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon for the Doughnut coating.
9. While still warm, roll each Doughnut in the bowl of cinnamon sugar to coat fully. Alternately, you can skip this step and enjoy plain or dipped in chocolate! Serve while warm!