750g beef flank steak
¼ cup onion,Chopped
1 clove garlic,minced
½ tsp chili powder
1 tbsp margarine
½ cup tomato sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp honey
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1) In a small saucepan, cook the onion, garlic, and chili powder in margarine till tender.
2) Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.
3) Bring to a boil while stirring.
4) Boil 5 minutes or till slightly thickened.
5) Meanwhile, trim fat from flank steak.
6) Score the steak diagonally into diamonds on both sides.
7) Brush with sauce.
8) Grill steak on uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 7 minutes.
9) Turn and grill to desired doneness, allowing 5-7 minutes more for medium.
10) Brush occasionally with the remaining sauce.
11) To serve, thinly slice the flank steak across the grain.