â…” cup olive oil
150ml dry red wine
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
5 tbsps fresh rosemary, diced
10 garlic cloves, pressed
salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1) Excluding the salt and pepper, mix all the ingredients in a suitably large glass bowl
2) Add the lamb and turn several times by hand to ensure adequate covering.
3) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours, turning every now and then.
4) Bring to room temperature about an hour before grilling.
5) Remove lamb from marinade and sprinkle generously with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
6) Grill the lamb on the center of the barbecue grill for about 17 minutes over a medium heat for medium rare, 23 minutes for medium.
7) Turn the meat once and cook for another 17 to 23 minutes, according to preference.
8) Remove lamb from grill and tent with tinfoil for 20 minutes to allow juices to settle.
9) Carve and serve.