½ cups Swiss cheese, shredded
½ cup cooked ham, diced
1 (20cm) unbaked pie crust
1 cup milk
4 tsps all-purpose flour
2 tbsps fresh parsley, chopped (garnish)
2 tbsps pimento peppers, chopped (garnish)
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground dry mustard
1) In a medium bowl, toss 4 teaspoons flour with the grated cheese.
2) Sprinkle mixture into the pie shell.
3) On top of cheese, sprinkle half a cup of diced ham.
4) In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk or cream, and then add salt and mustard powder.
5) Beat until smooth and pour over cheese and ham.
6) Place a piece of plastic wrap large enough to overlap sides over top of quiche, then a piece of foil, and seal well around the edges. (the plastic will keep the foil from sticking to the food).
7) Place the prepared quiche in a freezer.
8) When ready to prepare, preheat oven to 200 °C; remove foil and plastic wrap and place foil around crust edges for protection.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is golden brown.
10) Garnish with parsley and pimento if desired.