250g cup mushrooms, sliced
230g linguine pasta
200g whipping cream
100g cooked ham
1 medium size onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp butter
1 handful fresh basil, chopped
ground black pepper
1) Fill a large pan with slightly salted water and bring to the boil.
2) Add the linguine and cook as per instructions on the packet, drain well once cooked.
3) Meanwhile melt the butter in a frying pan.
4) Add mushrooms, onions, garlic and to the butter and stir over a medium heat until onions start to soften and turn golden.
5) Reduce heat and slowly add the cream to the pan.
6) Carry on cooking until the sauce has thickened.
7) Add the basil and ham and simmer for approximately 8-10 minutes.
8) Place the linguine in a large bowl, add the cream sauce and toss until pasta and cream well mixed.
9) Serve sprinkled with black pepper.