2 egg yolks
2 tbsp castor sugar
1 vanilla pod, split in half
1 tsp maizena
1) Place milk, cream and vanilla pod into a saucepan and bring to the simmer.
2) Remove from heat and scoop out vanilla pod.
3) Place egg yolks, sugar and maizena into a glass bowl and whisk until combined.
4) Pour hot milk onto the eggs, whisking continuously to prevent curdling.
5) Pour back into saucepan and return to stove top, stirring continuously over low heat until mixture thickens – do not allow to boil.
6) Remove from heat and pour custard into a jug and serve immediately.