1 cup rice
¼ cup yellow lentils
1 small box sour milk (inkomasi)
2 tbsp kuri masala (combination of cilantro, chillies and onions liquidised)
1 ½ tbsp chickpea flour
2 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp mustard seeds
1+1 tsp salt
½+ ¼ tsp tumeric
â…“ tsp cumin
1) Add the rice and lentils with a quarter teaspoon tumeric and a teaspoon of salt to a pot of boiling water, and boil until completely reduced.
2) Mix the sour milk, cardamons, half teaspoon tumeric, masala, flour and a teaspoon of salt in a pot and bring to the boil. Stir well to avoid lumpiness.
3) Braise the mustard seeds, ghee, onion and one third teaspoon cumin over medium heat.
4) Add together with the milk mixture.
5) Serve together with rice and lentils.