blender or food processor
ice cream maker
10 kiwi fruits, peeled and halved
1 cup water
¾ cup sugar
3 star anise pods (optional)
1 vanilla bean (optional)
2 tablespoons rum (coconut-flavoured rum or vodka can be substituted)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1) In a medium size saucepan, combine the water and sugar.
2) Bring to a boil until all the sugar is dissolved.
3) Lower the heat and allow to simmer for 2-4 minutes, or until the water reduces slightly.
4) Turn off the heat, add the anise pods and vanilla bean, cover and let cool to room temperature.
5) Once cool, remove the anise pods and vanilla bean and put the syrup aside.
6) Use a blender or food processor to puree the kiwifruit until smooth.
7) Combine the kiwi puree with the cooled syrup, rum, and lemon juice.
8) Pour into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
9) Move the frozen sorbet into an air-tight container
Can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.