3 cups sifted flour
2 cups dessicated coconut (for the coating)
2 cups Castor sugar
1 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp butter
2 cups icing sugar
1/2 cup hot milk
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1) Preheat the oven to 180 °C
2) Whisk the sugar and eggs in a mixer until light and fluffy
3) Add the oil and vanilla essence and mix again.
4) Add the flour and baking powder to the mixture alternatively with the milk.
5) Pour the mixture into a rectangular, greased baking tin for 25-30 minutes at 180 °
6) Allow to cool and then cut off any crusts. Now, cut the sponge into small squares, about 4cm x 4cm
7) Make the icing/coating and roll each square in the chocolate coating until all sides are covered. Coat the sponges well!
8) Roll each lamington in coconut.