400g potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
3 leeks, washed and finely sliced
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup cream
10g fresh chives, finely chopped
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
1) Heat a little oil in a heavy pot and sautÃ© onions, garlic and leeks for a few minutes or until softened.
2) Add cubed potatoes and fry for a further 2 minutes.
3) Add the stock and bring to the boil.
4) Reduce heat and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
5) Remove from heat, add the cream and blend until smooth
6) Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
7) Garnish with chives if desired and serve immediately.