800g canned chopped tomatoes
400g canned brown lentils, rinsed and drained
375g dried spaghetti pasta
100g rocket leaves
100g parmesan, finely grated
100g pitted kalamata olives
60ml olive oil
2 large brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
1 ½ tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
½ bunch fresh mint, chopped
1) Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2) Cook onion, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until golden.
3) Add tomato paste, tomato, lentils and 2 teaspoons of the vinegar.
4) Season with salt and pepper.
5) Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
6) Stir in the olives and mint.
7) Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions. Drain.
8) Combine rocket and remaining oil and vinegar in a serving bowl.
9) Combine the pasta and sauce in the pan. Divide among serving bowls and top with the parmesan.
10) Serve with the rocket salad.