700g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
450g chicken tenders
120ml maple syrup
50g sliced green onions
8g steak seasoning
30ml vegetable oil
1) Place the sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with water, then bring to a boil over high heat,
2) Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
3) Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two. Mash the potatoes, and set aside.
4) Season the chicken tenders with steak seasoning; heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
5) Cook the chicken tenders until the meat is lightly browned and no longer pink inside, 5 to 8 minutes per side.
6) Remove the chicken, and set aside. Stir the maple syrup into the skillet, scraping up and dissolving any browned flavour bits from the skillet.
7) Bring to a boil, simmer for 2 minutes, and stir in the green onions.
8) To serve, place the mashed sweet potatoes onto a serving platter, top with the chicken tenders, and pour the maple sauce over the chicken.