â…” cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
90g dark chocolate
90g milk chocolate
2 tbsps strong-brewed coffee
2 tsps vanilla extract
3 large eggs
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
220g mascarpone cheese
¼ cup sugar
¼ tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1) Pre-heat oven to 160 °C
2) Butter an 8 inch by 8 inch pan generously.
3) In a small bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking powder together for the batter and set aside.
4) In a double boiler, combine chocolates, coffee and butter.
5) Stir occasionally until the mixture is melted and smooth; then remove from heat.
6) Add sugar and vanilla while allowing mixture to cool.
7) Add the eggs one at a time while stirring.
8) Combine with the batter mix.
9) Mix all the filling ingredients in a separate bowl until smooth.
10) Pour half the batter into the baking pan, then add half the filling in spoonfuls over the batter mixture.
11) Top with the remaining batter and again with the filling.
12) Run a knife in s-shapes through the mix to combine.
13) Bake at 160 ° for 50 minutes.
14) Allow 2-3 hours cooling time before serving.
15) Attempt to resist eating all at once.