500g extra-lean minced beef
400g canned refried beans
12 dry lasagna noodles
2 ½ cups water
2 ½ cups salsa
2 cups sour cream
1 cup gouda cheese, shredded
¾ cup green onions, chopped
60g sliced black olives
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
¾ tsp garlic powder
1) Preheat oven to 175 °C.
2) In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium-high heat until browned.
3) Drain off excess fat.
4) In a large bowl, combine the cooked beef, oregano, cumin, garlic powder and beans.
5) Place four of the uncooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of a 20x30cm baking dish.
6) Spread half of the beef mixture over the noodles.
7) Top with 4 more uncooked noodles and the remaining half of the beef mixture.
8) Cover with remaining noodles.
9) Combine the water and the salsa in a medium bowl, and pour over the lasagna.
10) Cover well with foil.
11) Bake for one and a half hours, or until noodles are tender.
12) In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, green onions and olives.
13) Spoon cheese mix over casserole, and top with shredded cheese.
14) Return to the oven and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.