1.5kg leg of lamb, cubed
800g canned chopped tomatoes
1 litre lamb or beef stock
200g dried apricots
2 tbsp honey
3 onions, finely sliced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp turmeric
1 cinnamon stick
small piece of ginger, peeled and grated
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp vegetable oil
freshly ground pepper
fresh coriander, for garnish
1) Heat a large casserole pot with a vegetablwe oil.
2) SautÃ© onions, garlic and ginger until onions are soft and translucent.
3) Add turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and cumin and fry for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add the lamb and season with salt and pepper. Brown well.
5) Add the tinned tomatoes, stock and apricots and bring to a simmer.
6) Cover and simmer gently for 2-3 hours or until lamb is soft and tender.
7) Stir in the honey.
8) Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with couscous.