700g skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 3cm chunks
800g whole tomatoes in purÃ©e
400g canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 medium onion, chopped
1â„3 cup dark seedless raisins
¼ cup salad olives
1 cup water
½ cup fresh cilantro (garnish)
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1) In a nonstick Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
2) Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until light golden brown.
3) In a pie plate, mix flour with coriander, cumin, salt, ground red pepper, and cinnamon.
4) Toss chicken in the flour mixture and coat evenly.
5) Add chicken to Dutch oven and cook for about 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
6) Turn the chicken over halfway through cooking time.
7) Add garlic and cook for a minute.
8) Stir in tomatoes with purÃ©e, beans, raisins, olives, and water.
9) Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, breaking up tomatoes with side of spoon.
10) Garnish with cilantro and serve with couscous.