8 slices bacon
250g fresh mushrooms, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
¼ cup chopped green onion
1 ½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
Pastry for double-crust pie (homemade or purchased)
1 ½ cups sour cream
1) Heat oven to 190 °C.
2) On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry dough about 1.5mm thick.
3) Fry the bacon slices until crisp, drain; crumble or chop.
4) SautÃ© the mushrooms in butter until limp and liquid evaporates.
5) Fit the pastry into a suitable baking dish.
6) Combine bacon, mushrooms, green onion and cheese. Smooth the mixture onto the pastry in the baking dish.
7) In a large bowl, beat together eggs, add sour cream and stir until smooth. Gently pour onto the pastry mix.
8) Bake until puffed and light brown, 20 – 25 minutes.
9) Allow to cool for 5 minutes; lift out. Serve warm or let cool on wire racks.
100g butter, room temperature
170g sour cream or buttermilk
2 cups self-rising flour
¼ tsp salt
1) Mix ingredients well.
2) Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3) When ready to begin baking, press the dough on the bottom and up the sides of the baking dish using your hands. Pour filling on top of the dough.