350g mixed fresh berries
250g cream cheese
175g tea biscuits or sponge fingers, crumbled
115g butter, room temperature
10 sheets gelatine
zest and juice of 1 large lemon
pinch of salt
icing sugar for dusting
1) For the base, mix the broken up biscuits or fingers well with the butter.
2) Press evenly over the bottom of a 23cm diameter springform tin.
3) Place in the refrigerator to harden.
4) Leave the gelatine to soak in a few tablespoons of cold water for at least 5 minutes.
5) Stir the cream cheese with the zest and the juice of the lemon, sugar and salt until creamy.
6) Dissolve the soaked gelatine over a double boiler.
7) Stir the dissolved gelatine into the cheese, and continue stirring for several minutes till thickened.
8) Then beat the cream until stiff.
9) Fold the whipping cream into the cheese mixture.
10) Spread the mixture onto the chilled cake base.
11) Leave the cake to stand in a cool place for at least 4 hours.
12) Remove the cake from the tin.
13) Cover the cheesecake with berries and sprinkle with icing sugar just before serving.