3 cups rolled oats
2 cups sugar, granulated
½ cup cocoa powder
½ cup evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
1) Put the oats, vanilla and nuts in a large bowl and set aside.
2) Combine sugar, cocoa and evaporated milk in a large saucepan and bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat.
3) Stir constantly to avoid burning; boil for 3 minutes.
4) Remove pan from heat and add the butter.
5) Stir until the butter is well blended.
6) Quickly add the oat mixture to the pan and stir until completely mixed.
7) Place spoonful-sized balls of the mix onto waxed paper.
8) Let cool for 2 hours before serving.