250g short pasta (shell, penne, or macaroni)
250g cherry tomatoes
200ml olive oil
100g black olives
50ml balsamic vinegar
2 tbsps vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp salt flakes
½ continental cucumber, seeds removed
1 yellow capsicum, diced
¼ cup fresh basil leaves
¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1) Boil the pasta in salted water until al dente and drain (do not rinse),
2) Add the vegetable oil and toss.
3) Evenly spread the pasta on a baking tray and leave to cool.
4) Place the garlic in a bowl and use a spoon to squash the salt flakes into the garlic.
5) Stir in the olive oil and vinegar.
6) Chop up the cucumber and place in a salad bowl.
7) Add the pasta, capsicum, tomatoes, olives and herbs.
8) Season to taste.
9) Stir in the dressing and serve.