450g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
¾ cup salted and roasted peanuts
butter for greasing
1) Grease a large cookie sheet and line with wax paper.
2) Melt half the chocolate in the top of a double boiler set over hot water.
3) When the chocolate has melted completely, remove the top part of the double boiler from the hot water.
4) Add the remaining chocolate and stir until all of the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
5) Insert a candy thermometer into the melted chocolate. Its temperature should be 31 to 32 °C. If the chocolate is too cold, place it back over the hot water until the temperature reaches 31-32. If it’s too hot, let it cool until the desired temperature is reached.
6) Add the peanuts all at once and stir with a wooden spoon until the nuts are completely coated with chocolate.
7) Drop tablespoonful onto the prepared cookie sheet.
8) Let the clusters harden at room temperature.
9) Clusters can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one month.