1 deep-dish pie crust (store or home-made)
½ cup sugar
¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
3 large eggs
1 cup chopped pecans
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp all purpose flour
¾ cup dark corn syrup
¼ cup KahlÃºa or other coffee liqueur
1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 180 °C.
2) Beat the sugar and butter in a medium bowl until smooth.
3) Mix in flour.
4) Slowly beat in corn syrup, then KahlÃºa and vanilla.
5) Mix in eggs, then add chopped pecans.
6) Sprinkle chocolate chips over bottom of crust.
7) Pour filling into crust.
8) Bake pie until filling is set in the middle center without browning the crust edges.
9) Transfer pie to rack and cool completely.
Can be prepared 1 day ahead – cover and refrigerate.