2kg potatoes, peeled and chunked
1 large onion, quartered
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp black pepper
1) Using a food processor, blend the potatoes and onions in batches, until finely chopped.
2) Empty each batch into a strainer and, using a spoon, press down on the mixture to remove as much water as possible.
3) In a large bowl, combine the flour, breadcrumbs, baking powder, salt, pepper, and eggs with the drained potato-onion mixture,
4) Mix well.
5) Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
6) Using a serving spoon, spoon about a quarter cup of batter for each pancake into the hot oil, flattening into a pancake shape.
7) Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden on both sides.
8) Drain on a paper towel-lined platter and serve warm.