4 potatoes, peeled
250g baby tomatoes
1 brinjal (eggplant), sliced thinly
1 tsp lemon juice
150g goat cheese, sliced into thin rounds
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp chives, finely chopped
freshly ground pepper
1) Preheat oven to 180’C
2) Place tomatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil.
3) Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4) Roast for 15 minutes or until soft and juicy. Set aside once done.
5) Heat a grill pan until hot and grill the brinjal slices for a few seconds on each side.
6) Season the slices to taste with salt, pepper, lemon juice and drizzle with a little olive oil.
7) Toss to combine and set aside.
8) Grate potatoes into a suitably sized bowl and dry by squeezing all the liquid out.
9) Add the chopped herbs and season with salt and pepper.
10) Heat a pan with a little olive oil and fry tablespoons of the mixture for about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
11) Then bring a small pot of water to the boil and add vinegar.
12) Reduce heat to a simmer and using a spoon, stir water in a circular fashion.
13) Carefully crack the eggs into the centre and allow to poach gently for 2-3 minutes.
14) Remove poached egg from the water using a slotted spoon and carefully place on paper towel to drain.
15) Place each rÃ¶sti on a plate and top with brinjal and tomatoes, a few slice of goat’s cheese, a poached egg, and serve.