400g cream cheese, softened
5 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
3 cups pumpkin purÃ©e
2 cups icing sugar
2x 100g packages instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup chopped pecans
½ cup milk
4 tsps pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 175 °C.
2) In a mixing bowl combine flour, butter or margarine, and 1 cup chopped pecans.
3) Beat until thoroughly combined.
4) Press mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
5) Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
6) Set aside to cool.
7) In a medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 2 cups of the whipped topping, icing sugar, and vanilla extract.
8) Beat until smooth.
9) Spread evenly over cooled crust.
10) In a large mixing bowl combine milk, pumpkin purÃ©e, pudding, pumpkin pie spice, and 2 more cups of whipped topping.
11) Stir until thoroughly combined.
12) Spoon mixture over cream cheese layer.
13) Top with remaining cup of whipped topping.
14) Sprinkle with additional half cup chopped pecans if desired.
15) Chill at least 1 hour before serving.