4 cups pumpkin, cooked and mashed
1 cup flour
pinch of salt
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp baking powder
20ml cornstarch mixed to a paste with water
1) Heat a frying pan on medium heat with the oil.
2) Combine all fritter ingredients to form a soft batter.
3) Fry spoonfuls of batter till both sides are lightly browned.
4) Drain on paper and serve warm with cinnamon sugar or caramel sauce.
5) For caramel sauce – heat a saucepan on medium.
6) Mix and cook sauce ingredients together and add one teaspoon caramel essence before serving over pumpkin fritters.