1 8-bone lamb rack, untrimmed
150g feta cheese
12 semi-dried tomatoes
12 pitted black olives
3 sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped fine
3 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
small bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped fine
1) Remove most of the fat from the back of the rack, leaving a little to flavour the meat as it cooks.
2) French-trim the bones by cutting the fat out around each bone down to the meat.
3) Scrape the bones off all sinew and fat.
4) Cut between the bones and through the eye of the lamb, leaving 1cm of meat still attached at the bottom.
5) For the stuffing, mix the semi-dried tomatoes, parsley and olives together with feta in a bowl.
6) Place mixture between the lamb eye meat and the bones, then fold back up.
7) Tie tightly in about 5 places.
8) For the marinade, mix the rosemary and garlic with a little oil and rub all over the lamb and the fat.
9) Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before cooking.
10) Preheat oven to 190 °C.
11) Remove marinated lamb from the fridge while oven heats.
12) When the oven is ready, place lamb inside.
13) Cook for 25 to 30 minutes for a rare rack, more if you prefer it well done.
14) Serve with seasonal roasted vegetables.