1 small butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and cut into wedges
olive oil for roasting
2 cups baby spinach leaves, washed & dried
150g Gorgonzola (or blue cheese of your choice)
¼ cup spicy roasted pumkin seeds
¼ cup roasted walnuts
3 tbsp olive oil
1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
salt and black pepper to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
2) Place the butternut in the olive oil and ground cinnamon to coat, then spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
3) Roast for 20-30 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown.
4) Divide the washed spinach leaves between 4 shallow bowls or plates.
5) Once the butternut is cooked, divide amongst the 4 plates and arrange on the leaves.
6) Crumble the cheese and divide equally between the plates, sprinkling it over the leaves and butternut.
7) Mix together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper for the dressing and drizzle over the salad.
8) Top each plate with walnuts and spicy roasted pumpkin seeds and serve.