500g large shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 tbsp Olive oil
3 tbsp basil, fresh, chopped
3 tbsp butter
2 tsp garlic, minced
Asiago cheese, grated for topping (can be substituted with Parmesan or Pecorino Romano)
1) Set a pot to boil for the linguine, adding 1 tbsp of the olive oil and a few dashes of salt to the water.
2) Cook the linguine for 7-8 minutes (until al dente), stirring every minute.
3) While the linguine is cooking, heat a large skillet with remaining olive oil.
4) Once hot, add the shrimp to the skillet, sautÃ©eing until the shrimp turns pink, about 3-4 minutes.
5) Add the garlic and the basil to the sautÃ© and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
6) Add the butter, and toss in the pasta, making sure to coat the pasta with the sauce, then remove from heat.
7) Serve immediately and garnish with cheese as desired.